This 5-day course gives Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy HSRs the knowledge, skills, confidence and tools to effectively perform their role. They will be able to:
- apply the Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislative framework
- identify key parties and their legal duties
- represent their work group on WHS matters
- participate in consultation and issue resolution
- obtain advice and assistance
- participate in risk management
- issue a provisional improvement notice
- direct cessation of unsafe work
This course is approved by Comcare.
This is non-accredited training that does not lead to an accredited outcome.