|4 Mar 2019||
The Construction Training Centre (CTC), Salisbury, Brisbane (*One Day Training*)
Future Skills is a Workplace Health and Safety Queensland approved training provider of this course.
This course will refresh the information and skills attained under the initial five day training course and assist HSRs to carry out their role and functions under the WHS legislation including:
• an understanding of the Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation
• an understanding of how it applies to their role and elected HR
• the additional knowledge and skills regarding their powers under the WHS legislation to issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and direct the cessation of unsafe work.
Course Target Audience and Pre-requisites
The target audience of this course includes all elected HSRs under the WHS Act who have previously completed the approved initial five day training course (or the equivalent training approved under the transitional provision of the WHS regulation).
Participants will refresh their understanding of their roles, powers and functions in the representation, monitoring, investigation and enquiry into work health and safety management at their workplace under the WHS law.
The key sessions covered by this course include:
• Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation
• Consultation, representation and participation under the WHS Act
• Participating in consultation and issue resolution as a HSR
• Monitoring PCBU’s management of WHS risks and notifiable incidents
• Provisional improvement Notices (PINS) and ceasing unsafe work
This course has no formal assessment.