This course is designed for participants with High Voltage experience including electrical workers, technicians and engineers who require formal training to refresh their skills and knowledge to allow them to write switching sheets and perform switching operations. The frequency of this training is usually site dependent but the industry best practice is every 2 years.
- Legislative framework
- HV operating fundamentals
- Minimum safe working distances (exclusion zones)
- HV safetyawareness and hazards (Arc flash)
- Load-shedding and De-energising
- Testing de-energised
- Earthing and short circuiting
- HV switching sequence
- Developing switching instructions
- Access permits
- Safe operating practices
Participants receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- UEPOPS349 Operate local H.V. switchgear
- UEPOPS357 Operate local L.V. switchgear
- UEPOPS428 Develop H.V. switching programs
- UEPOPS456 Perform switching to a switching program
Participants must provide evidence of successful completion of UEPOPS349, UEPOPS357, UEPOPS428 and UEPOPS456 or equivalent.
Students who do not meet these pre-requisite requirements will be issued a Statment of Completion for the course.